Turner Broadcasting Senior Writer, Communications in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Senior Writer, Communications
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Communications/Publicity
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
You're a wordsmith. You love writing, you practically have a relationship with your keyboard, your trackpad will never understand the two of you, and you can't wait to solve the next writing challenge together. You look for the best approach for each project. You're a jack of all voices, a chameleon of copy. Formal now. Funny later. It's all good, though, you're just happy to be doing what you love. You welcome creative direction and editing because your picture is in the dictionary next to "collaborator." You never met an HR announcement that was too serious or boring to write, an executive note too much in someone else's voice for you to feel it. And good scripts for social videos, executive announcements or talent? You eat them for breakfast. Pass that maple syrup over here, this posting's left you hungry.
What will you be doing?
- You will write about employees, brands, benefits, diversity, health and wellness, events, training, etc. - You will write for internal and external platforms.
- You will write for mediums including but not limited to short and long form web, video scripts and treatments, headlines and ad copy.
- You will lead and mentor junior writers, trainees and interns.
- You will manage writing projects with Turner Brand Experience for internal clients, creating strategic messages that achieve desired communication goals.
- You will be a writing expert looked upon for proofing, feedback and guidance.
- You will work with VP of Employee Communications, Editorial Director and other team members to create original employee content delivered via intranet or social media.
- You will be expected to work independently and in teams, with designers, producers and web staff.
- You will be asked to create marketing plans that achieve desired goals as well as execute marketing plans from other staff.
- Must have flexible writing style to adjust tone to message and content (editorial and feature writing capabilities).
What do we require from you?
- 5+ years of experience writing in a corporate environment with applicable, relevant experience.
- 3+ years of experience writing for marketing or advertising.
- Experience writing for different mediums (web content, blogs, social media, white papers, video, etc.) with different styles. (Formal, comedy, friendly, etc.)
- Expertise writing for different targeted audiences. (Employee, external, creative, technologist, executives, etc.) Exceptional attention to detail.
- Forward thinking team player who likes to work collaboratively on a team and is willing to roll up sleeves and jump into anything, from handing out flyers to setting up chairs, when the call comes.
- Samples of previous experience showing your published content.
- Bachelor's degree preferred (English, Communications, Journalism, or related field).
- Video production experience helpful but not essential.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.