Turner Broadcasting Senior Technical Manager - Int'l Digital Product Instrumentation in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Senior Technical Manager - Int'l Digital Product Instrumentation
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Digital/Interactive Media Product Management Project/Program Management Strategic Planning/Analysis Technology/Information Technology
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more!Wecreate premium content and deliver exceptional experiences to fans whenever and wherever they consume content. These efforts are fueled by data-driven insights and industry-leading technology.From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram , Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The Sr. Technical Manager of digital product instrumentation is responsible for overseeing technical staff and for providing technical direction for implementing digital analytics across Turner's International brands and helping to define data collection strategy and best practices for Turner International. This team oversees the Development and QA of data collection technologies in Turner's digital products to ensure reliable data quality from Turner's data collection efforts. This leadership role will manage development and quality assurance teams for the creation and implementation of analytics tagging on Turner's digital properties. The Audience Data Acquisition team is responsible for instrumentation and data collection needed to drive digital analytics and the Turner Data Cloud. The team is responsible for gathering business reporting requirements to ensure data instrumentation is consistent with digital data strategies throughout Turner. The Sr. Technical Manager role will be involved with creating new technical solutions and policies for Corporate Data Governance and will be the primary influencer of standardized solutions that are shared throughout all of Turner. This role will oversee all of Turner's instrumentation efforts, including overall process management, gathering requirements, providing technical documentation demonstrating how solutions will work and be implemented, providing analysis for troubleshooting and reporting, and will be the ultimate owner of Turner's analytics instrumentation documentation.
What will you be doing?
- Management of technical staff at all skill and experience levels
- Familiar with software development lifecycle processes for web and mobile applications
- Experience with online marketing and advertising strategies related to Media and Content sites.
- Familiar with data privacy and compliance rules, especially international policies such as GDPR
- Adobe Analytics/Omniture SiteCatalyst product expert
- Familiar with Nielsen and comScore digital analytics products
- Will hold in-depth knowledge of Turner's digital properties, technical platforms, business models and processes in order to quickly address and resolve
- Technical troubleshooting and problem solving
- Website analysis terminologies and methods
- Knowledge of digital platforms including web, mobile, video, CMS, ad delivery platforms, SEO.
- Resource management, including ticketing, time-tracking and workload distribution across geographically diverse teams- Project and program management
- Technical and business writing
- Manage the Digital Product Instrumentation Development and QA teams (4-15 FTEs) responsible for delivering data collection solutions for Turner's digital products.
- Manage Offshore resources comprised of both development and QA resources
- Manage and improve business processes in support of software development and technical best practices, including documentation, communication and customer service.
- Fully understand customer requests, document them, and assign appropriate resources.
- Manage ticketing and work-intake processes in partnership with project management and business operations.
- Perform project pre-assessment across divisions (technology, finance, legal, security, data strategy) and assist in development of any risk assessment for new site projects.
- Consult on custom solutions or metrics required from the Turner Analytics vendor
- New feature cost analysis and process
- Manage documentation repositories and create standardized solutions for use across all Turner sites
- Document issues and best practices relating to specific platforms or configurations
- Communicate constantly with sites/resources throughout the project lifecycle, escalating important issues where needed
- Participate in Data Governance meetings as required
- Lead technical initiatives to determine new measurement solutions for new existing content platforms.
- Evaluation of new and existing third party vendor solutions with respect to ability to perform desired measurement, impact to performance and reliability.
- Maintain and develop automation efforts to improve team throughput.
What do we require from you?
- 3+ years hands-on management of technical staff- 5+ years experience in Digital Application Development (web and mobile preferred).
- 5+ years experience in Data Strategy, Instrumentation Integration and Digital Analytics fields.
- Must have experience with web and mobile analytics development, analysis and processes, with a preference for Adobe Analytics Omniture Site Catalyst experience.
- Experience with digital marketing tools and digital media analytics, including Nielsen and comScore toolsets and methodologies.
- Experience with Tag Management technology
- Education: Bachelor Degree or higher; CIS, MIS, BBA, MBA preferred
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated proactive customer service.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Advanced communication skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups.
- Ability to work independently. Self-starter.
- Ability to work effectively with a large team of people, working toward the same goal.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.