Turner Broadcasting Senior Systems Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Senior Systems Engineer
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Engineering
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram , Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
As part of the BEST BIT Tier 3 support team, you’ll be focused on providing subject matter expert support across the broadcast & production facilities. These facilities are supported by the BEST teams: CNN, Turner Studios, and Turner Entertainment Networks. You will also support and/or lead project development & implementation.
What will you be doing?
In this role, you will be required to take the lead on large and complex projects in addition to acting as subject matter expert and resource for the Tier 1 and Tier 2 support teams. Responsibilities include:
- Identifying root cause & solutions for complex technical problems and processes
- Identifying & coordinating system upgrades and expansions
- Identifying opportunities to develop and/or apply innovative solutions
- Interaction with vendors to steer development where necessary to provide industry standard solutions
- Perform system design, quotation and implementation including specification of all equipment and materials required, preparation of a bill of materials and the submission of cost estimates and justification to the senior leadership team
- Oversee the integration of the new system and in most cases be responsible for the configuration of all components
- Provide system overviews and training
*This position requires a Monday thru Friday, normal business hours work schedule, with on call responsibilities. Some after-hours and/or on-site work may be required as well as occasional travel.
Internal code: BEST
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline; Associate's degree with extensive in-field experience will be considered
- 8 years' experience working in a news/sports, live studio/production, or similar broadcast environments
- Excellent communication skills are a must
- Prefer experience with new IP
Expert knowledge of the following:
Master Control, Broadcast studio and post production facilities & supporting systems
- ITIL framework for Problem Management
- SD (SMPTE 259) and HD (SMPTE 292M) video
- New Broadcast IP standards including TR-03 (to become SMPTE2110) and ASPEN- highly preferred
- Compute platforms & system virtualization
- Broadcast facility system design, industry best practices
- High performance LANs & WANs - SANs, NAS and other high capacity storage solutions
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.