Turner Broadcasting Senior Software Developer- Video Reliability Engineering in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Senior Software Developer- Video Reliability Engineering
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Digital/Interactive Media Engineering Production/Post-Production Programming Technology/Information Technology
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more!Wecreate premium content and deliver exceptional experiences to fans whenever and wherever they consume content. These efforts are fueled by data-driven insights and industry-leading technology.From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram , Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
As a Sr. Systems/Software Developer, you will be a part of an exciting new MSS Video Reliability Engineering team to help Turner design and build resilient and highly available video systems. You will work with DevOps teams to define availability goals, identify recovery procedures and make improvements to increase the stability and availability of video applications and infrastructure. You will build, maintain and support web services and production architectures with specific attention to availability, performance, capacity planning, and implementation. This is an exciting role for someone who is passionate about technology and product development, who can thrive in a fast-paced organization, and who has a can-do attitude.
What will you be doing?
- Analysis and design of fault-tolerant, highly available and scalable video systems.
- Work with project teams to achieve high availability in live and VOD video workflow designs and build documentation.
- Partnership with infrastructure operations teams to improve system design and configuration and operating procedures and documentation to improve system stability and recoverability.
- Support and mentor application teams to build and adapt to scalable, resilient and highly available systems. * Oversee the development and maintenance of technical recovery documentation.
- Represent the team in large-scale technical projects, working with Turner staff (developers, operations staff, project managers, customers, etc) and vendors to gather requirements, determine solutions, and then implement those solutions.
- Software development tasks include: coding, testing, debugging, documenting, peer-reviewing, deploying, monitoring, and support.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of developers, operations staff, product managers, and project managers.
- Spend time learning new skills and staying ahead of industry trends and innovations.
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting application and configuration failures, including systematic analyses of complex problems and issues and developing and implementing recommended solutions.
- Provide operational 3rd tier support for application needs; this includes weekend and off hours support.
- Daily monitoring of the ticket queue, performing analysis of problems across multiple systems and groups
What do we require from you?
- Degree in computer science, computer information systems or equivalent experience
- Expert-level knowledge of Unix or Linux system administration at scale.
- Experience working with third party encoding vendors such as Elemental, Harmonic, Telestream, Ateme, etc.
- Experience with ffmpeg, gstreamer, and other video centric open source tools
- Strong knowledge of media delivery through Content Delivery Networks
- Experience with production support level applications (working with ticketing systems, customers, change control systems, quality control, etc.)
- Change Management systems experience (Git,CVS, SubVersion)
- Experience with docker containers
- Experience with reading and writing multiple programming languages, especially python, nodejs, Java, C++, Perl, php, or ruby
- Strong sense of software and system design principles and domain modeling.
- Experience with document or relational database design.
- Experience in Media Technology is a strong plus
- Experience with Cloud Services (especially AWS) is a strong plus
- High motivation, eagerness, curiosity and desire to develop products using cutting edge technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication (written, verbal, and presentation) skills are a must.
- Takes initiative and is self-directed.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.