Turner Broadcasting Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Senior Project Manager
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Technology/Information Technology
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram , Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
We are looking for a Sr. Project Manager to be responsible for the iOS, Android, connected device and console application development for TBS & TNT. Your role will be responsible for ensuring that the interests of the client are met by managing all aspects of a project life cycle including project planning, development, change control, implementation, issue management, customer relationships, and team leadership. This is accomplished through effective communication and facilitation skills, risk analysis, organization skills and attention to detail. In this position, you will identify, define, analyze, prioritize and refine the technology platform requirements, and will communicate those requirements to the Scrum development teams. You will need to prioritize tradeoffs, clarify requirements, and accept user stories throughout the Agile software development lifecycle. The Project Manager will work directly with our various internal and external stakeholders, including senior staff and department managers, as well as with the development teams to ensure successful translation of those requirements into high-quality software.
What will you be doing?
- Work with project team, customers, and management to prioritize requirements and develop and maintain detailed project plans using standard tools.
- Create project charter and scope, phases, tasks, assignments, dependencies, and target dates.
- Determine resource roles needed and work with management to secure project team members.
- Establish and coordinate the plan for migration of the project into production.
- Manage customer expectations and communicate with other groups as needed to ensure successful implementation.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (cross functional teams ranging from management to platform teams and clients) to define, develop, shape and refine requirements of complex products at the heart of Turner's business.
- Define, prioritize, and clarify user stories; working with other cross functional teams to understand use cases, features, business & technical domain rules and overall product goals.
- Work with development teams to continuously improve product ownership and other agile processes.
- Conduct Release Planning and Sprint Planning sessions, as well as Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Understand and communicate the requirements of our products as we scale and continue to develop.
- Conduct user acceptance testing with the client that spans all project teams and processes that impact the product from end to end. acceptance criteria.
- Produce technically focused user stories, and collaborate with developers and engineers to ensure accuracy and feasibility.
- Build and groom product backlog(s). Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and get internal agreement with key stakeholders.
- Using proficiency in both business and product knowledge investigate current tools and recommend solutions that support business needs
- Create brand roadmaps and educate the technical organization on the brand direction and vice versa.
- Independently act as a liaison between executive stakeholder and client group
- Oversee and control product scope definition working with the business clients and external vendor to prioritize all enhancements, including cost/benefit analysis
- Have extensive knowledge of the product tools
- Understand and advocate best practices in high-level system designs.
Develop capacity planning and DR plan. What do we require from you?
Strong knowledge of agile development practices (especially Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools. Direct hands on experience with writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- 4+ years of project management skills
- 4+ years Scrum experience, with at least two as Product Owner (CSPO strongly desired)
- 3+ years technical experience (e.g. as software developer, business analyst)
- Outstanding technical and non-technical communication skills
- Ability to understand and abstract complex systems from technical descriptions
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Passionate about advocating client needs
- Experience working on consumer facing products
- Experience with High Availability platforms
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.