Turner Broadcasting Senior Project Manager - Turner Data Cloud in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Senior Project Manager - Turner Data Cloud
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Business Intelligence
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
TBS, Inc. is an American Media conglomerate and division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! For more information, please visit : http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to lead and implement the roadmap for Turner's audience data activation tools. The Senior Project Manager will help Turner reach audiences in new ways by delivering analytical tools to internal business users including Ad Sales, Marketing, and Research. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for leading the development of analytical applications enabled by the TURNER Data Cloud (TDC) through all phases of the software development lifecycle. The Senior Project Manager will work closely with Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams to deliver new systems that enable Turner to reach digital and linear TV audiences in new ways. These projects will improve internal stakeholders' access to critical data and improve their ability to make data-driven business decisions. The Senior Project Manager must have strong mix of organizational, leadership, and analytical skills, as well as expertise in a variety of tools.
What will you be doing?
- The Senior Project Manager's primary responsibility is to ensure that the Turner Data Cloud's user-facing business applications are of a high quality, completed on time and within budget, and meet the stakeholder requirements by establishing and maintaining good project management practices.
- Identify and document project scope, develop project plans, define deliverables, constraints and evaluate project costs.
- Collaborate with resource managers in a matrixed environment to ensure resource availability and commitment to project deliverables.
- Establish project team roles as well as clear communications and reporting mechanisms.
- Work with development teams to continuously improve product ownership and other agile processes.
- Conduct Release Planning and Sprint Planning sessions, as well as Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Understand and communicate the requirements of our products as we scale and continue to develop new features
- Conduct comprehensive user acceptance testing with the end users
- Identify opportunities for process improvement or automation
- Initiate and prioritize projects with Engineering, track product development, and develop launch plans
- Track progress of projects to ensure alignment to requirements; manage deviations from requirements to ensure resolution
- Provide implementation support, preparing the business for the system solution.
What do we require from you?
- Experience with data storage systems, data processing, ETL, data visualization tools
- Strong knowledge of agile development practices (especially Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools.
- Direct hands on experience with writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- 5+ years of project management skills in an agile/scrum environment.
- 3+ years technical experience (e.g. as software developer or business analyst)
- Outstanding technical and non-technical communication skills
- Ability to understand and abstract complex systems from technical descriptions
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority.
- Passionate about advocating client needs
- Ability to lead, think creatively, adapt proactively to changing environments, act decisively
- Excellent analytic problem-solving and critical-thinking skills with a pragmatic approach to process improvement
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills with emphasis on demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical resources
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize issues, and monitor progress
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, Business or related field
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017LinkedIn Top Company
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers.
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS.
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitterand Facebook.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.