Turner Broadcasting Senior Accountant in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Senior Accountant
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Finance/Accounting
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
As trusted business advisors, the Accounting Business Services organization operates as a functionally aligned shared services center responsible for the end-to-end transactional financial operations across Turner's domestic and international businesses. The organization is comprised of three teams: Operations & Personnel Services, Revenue Services, and Procure to Pay. Accounting Business Services further supports the Finance & Accounting mission to be collaborative business partners to our colleagues for the benefit of our stakeholders.
The Programming & Production team supports the various stages of Turner's domestic & international original programming, including development, greenlight, and production. Turner's programming is comprised of originals, licensed series and feature films. The Programming & Production team is responsible for the accounting functions regarding development expenses, production assets and the related liability, programming assets and liabilities, and amortization expense for Turner's networks. This team is also responsible for the accounting functions related to Sports Rights, the Georgia Production Tax credit and Turner's music license fees, such as ASCAP and BMI. The Programming & Production team works with Production Finance, Film Finance, Network Finance, Film Acquisitions, Legal and Operations.
What will you be doing?
- Oversees the day-to-day accounting activities for international programming.
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
- Senior accountants may prepare and/or review complex entries and supporting documentation.
- Prepare/review account reconciliations, analysis, and certifications.
- Senior accountants will analyze, complete and communicate detailed variance analyses.
- Analyze foreign withholding tax analysis relating to licensed programming royalty payments.
- Analyze existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement. - Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting.
- Research accounting issues and recommend treatment on these transactions.
- Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures.
- Build, foster and maintain good working relationships with members of the Accounting Business Services (ABS) and stakeholders.
- Prepare audits for material film contracts.
- Analyze amortization expense for film contracts and productions.
- Collaborate with internal contacts regarding the treatment of production in progress costs.
- Gather supporting evidence for internal and external audits.
- Prepare quarterly schedule reporting and tax packages.
What do we require from you?
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Masters degree and/or CPA is preferred.
- 3+ years in relevant accounting experience (industry or public). .
Well-qualified Senior accountant candidates:
- Experience leading teams and/or projects is preferred.
- Senior accountants should have advance analytical and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to articulate key information.
- Initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
- High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation.
- Self-starter and work with limited direction and taking full ownership of areas of responsibility.
- Detail-oriented and high energy.
- Unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word & PowerPoint is preferred.
Other desired experience:
- PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion, or any ERP systems.
- Technical accounting research and memo writing.
- Experience in forecasting/budgeting.
- Media industry.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.