Turner Broadcasting Production Coordinator Sports Apprentice in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Production Coordinator Sports Apprentice
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Production/Post-Production
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear.
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram , Twitter and Facebook .
About the Program
- The Turner Studios Apprenticeship program is a two-year program geared to grow young talent into strong members of the media industry.
- The first year is primarily for the Apprentice to gain in-depth exposure to the skills and processes employed within the department.
- During the second year, the Apprentice continues to refine their given artistry while also training upcoming apprentices.
What does our department do?
- This position supports the production management staff in all areas of logistics relating to Sports productions.
- This includes: booking all production in the studios scheduling tool, coordinating with Production Managers in preparing logistical, financial, and operational plans for Turner Studios; prepare and maintain paperwork pertaining to shows assigned in the studio or on location
What will you be doing?
- Facilitate NBATV, Sports and ELEAGUE Production Bookings by creating work orders in the scheduling tool.
- Partner with Production Management and NBATV Operations managing ongoing Network Programming changes.
- Support Production Management with the project intake, project mobilization and post mortem functions of all productions.
- Coordinate with Production Managers in preparing logistical, financial, and operational plans.
- Responsible for the coding of invoices and processing expenses as directed by production manager.
- Prepare and maintain paperwork pertaining to shows assigned in the studio or on location.
- Work closely with the operations and crewing department on all production needs.
What do we need from you?
- College degree preferred 2-4 years studio television production management experience.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Strong interest in the career path of Editor, Director, or Producer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.