Turner Broadcasting New Media Content Specialist in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title New Media Content Specialist
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Digital/Interactive Media
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
The New Media Operations Specialist provides support for the delivery of digital content to Turner’s distribution partners. Team members will be problem solvers with a keen awareness of continual process improvement. Daily routine will include monitoring workflow systems, content preparation, QC, and managing content through complex systems created for distribution, escalation of issues tied to creation and fulfillment of content ordered. This will require effective communication with teammates, network personnel, as well as outside distributors. Emphasis is on customer service, teamwork, cooperation, and innovation. This position may be scheduled in the shift environment and must be flexible for change of shift when the business warrants.
What will you be doing?
Actively manage content through systems designed for content creation and distribution. Primary points of contact for technical activities. Communicate to appropriate staff, management, or customer. Innovative problem solving around current and new workflows implemented within the department.
This position will assist in managing the flow of VOD, SVOD, Electronic Sell Through, TV Everywhere and other digital content from the Turner brands to nonlinear platforms. Responsibilities include content preparation, processing and delivering metadata, video and audio files. Validation of rights, and Brand strategy. Monitoring file transfers, editing video/audio/caption files, performing QC functions in various playout applications and evaluating database workflow processes. Ability to encode and transcode media in multiple formats and bitrates for multiple platforms, familiarity with transcoding engines, workflow tools, and transfer agents (Aspera, Filezilla, ftp, etc) is a plus.
Ability to monitor multiple systems and applications at a time to confirm they are performing necessary functions is required.
Will also manage queues for issue tracking and resolution.
Ability to identify, validate/correct, and escalate issues as needed. Communicate to appropriate staff, management, or customer when necessary. Innovative problem solving around current and new workflows implemented within the department.
This is a 2nd or 3rd shift position. Work hours will be either 2pm to 10:30pm or 10pm to 6:30am
What do we require from you?
- Experience with linear and nonlinear video formats, file transfer processes and applications, editing in Adobe Premiere, database workflow management, multimedia encoding for video on demand or web delivery and signal flow.
- Proficient in Micro Soft Office suite
- Experience in enterprise sized applications and high availability systems
- Familiar with compression tools and formats
- Knowledge of cloud computing, metadata, XML, video/audio signal components, VOD/SVOD/EST platforms is desired
- At least 2 years in an Operations/support role
Associates degree or related work experience But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status