Turner Broadcasting Manager,Original Manager, S&P in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Manager,Original Manager, S&P
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Programming
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
The Manager of Standards and Practices (S&P) is responsible for ensuring that a large volume of original animation, scripted and unscripted live-action, live and live-to-tape programming events produced across various Turner Entertainment networks conforms to network S&P guidelines and displays accurate television industry ratings to inform viewers of the nature of content. The Manager of S&P has the responsibility of providing practical compliance advice to guide the production and editing of the Company's most high profile programming while supporting the creativity and innovation of the production and programming teams.
What will you be doing?
The Manager must apply an understanding and expertise in the TV Parental Guidelines Ratings, Turner's S&P Guidelines, and industry best practices as they exercise independent judgment and work autonomously to manage workflow, ensure production deadlines are met and provide substantive and consistent editorial notes at all stages of production related to program content edits including those related to profanity, suggestive dialogue, vulgar slang, slurs, nudity, sexual situations, and violence. Responsibilities involve a variety of programming genres with a focus on original animation, scripted, unscripted, live-to-tape and live event entertainment for TruTV , Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT and TBS. Duties involve reviewing outlines, scripts, storyboards, animatics, and screening video cuts for programs; creating detailed content notes; communicating with Production teams to identify any necessary edits; recommending the appropriate TV Parental Guideline Rating to the Network's Programming group; running the audio/video delay button during live events. The Manger also will lead and coach all editors and coordinators to assist in making sound and consistent judgment calls and ratings recommendations to clients, prioritizing projects with team members based on production and telecast deadlines, providing insight regarding competitor practices, and act as a point person when department Directors are not available. The Manager also may manage 1-2 employees and lead department projects such as serving as the key contact for the database containing show ratings and S&P editorial notes, competitive review projects, and updates to the company S&P guidelines.
What do we require from you?
- College degree and 7-10 years of experience in the cable/television/entertainment industry with working knowledge of TV Parental Ratings Guidelines and industry best practices.
- Excellent analytical thinking, oral and written communication skills, quick and sound decision making, problem solving, organization, and attention to detail required.
- Must have a strong respect for the creative process and innovation in addition to self-awareness, maturity, and a sharp sense of humor. Must be able to evaluate and assess production content with an open mind and an unbiased perspective and confident in raising issues and discussing content that depicts sexual situations, profane language, violence, etc. in a professional manner with network departments and executives.
- Must be a team player and highly motivated self-starter who is organized and able to manage a large volume of content review and to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must have a genuine passion and interest in pop culture, and well-rounded knowledge of wide array of entertainment and television programming including keen awareness of "edgy" programming in an evolving television industry.
- Strong preference for prior managerial experience and demonstrable leadership skills.
- Candidate must have ability to flex schedule to work on "late night" shows that tape in the evening and/or to assist regularly with sports or special events that occur on days or times outside of a more traditional weekday work schedule.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.