Turner Broadcasting Manager, Technical Publisher Operations in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Manager, Technical Publisher Operations
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Project/Program Management
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, truTV, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
Turner Broadcasting is one of the nation's largest media companies, delivering programming and original sports, news, and entertainment content to audiences globally. Turner manages the operations and delivery of our digital advertising across our brands, aligned and responsible to each content vertical. In order to drive further efficiency and effectiveness in line with our initiatives, Turner is now recruiting a manager of operations to spearhead these activities, based in our Atlanta Techwood Campus.
The Manager, Technical Publisher Operations is responsible for the successful instrumentation & implementation of Turner's ad systems across its digital portfolio; including web, mobile applications, over-the-top applications, social, live, and more. The role also requires program management of major events, such as live sporting events, seasonal tentpoles, and simulcasts of breaking news. In support of these efforts, the Manager will lead a team of specialists to develop, execute, and support these product launches. The manager will also be a contributor in these efforts. The manager also provides support to the operations teams in New York, supporting our digital sales efforts. Specifically, the operations team provides services to our clients and revenue opportunities to sales through campaign management, trafficking, creative quality control, campaign scheduling, order fulfillment, campaign optimization, and programmatic support. The manager must be able to effectively partner, communicate, and collaborate with other business divisions, including developers, platform services, client services, yield management, project management, and the sales leadership team.
What will you be doing?
- Manage a team of contributors, responsible for the implementation & support of advertising technologies across digital endpoints, including web, applications, live & social.
- Collaborate with sites, developers, and project managers to ensure the successful launch & ongoing maintenance of ad products.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring and stability of ad products on our digital properties.
- Effectively communicate strategy, timelines, progress, and concerns across functional groups.
- Develop timelines, resource allocations, test plans, and communication paths.
- Create, challenge, and iterate processes to successfully support ad products.
- Provide guidance to staff, sales, client service and marketing teams to improve client experience and enhance workflow, in order to increase efficiency.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelors in computer science, business, or equivalent.
- 5+ years related experience, ideally within QA, technology, program management, or ad operations.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Digital advertising experience highly recommended.
- Demonstrated success in implementing, supporting, troubleshooting technologies.
- Able to draft business requirements, testing for quality controls, training plans, documentation.
- Understanding of DoubleClick &/or FreeWheel platforms.
- Experience in providing cross functional support for varied skillsets.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to convert business requirements into detailed technical requirements, training and operational documentation.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.