Turner Broadcasting Editor, News + Alerting in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Editor, News + Alerting
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Digital/Interactive Media
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story.
We are the now and the next. The power behind people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We areCNN.
What part will you play?
- The Editor for News and Alerting publishes breaking, developing stories and updates, daily news stories, and key projects in a wide range of formats across some the most powerful areas of CNN's digital portfolio.
- Programming Editors have their finger on the button. They are often the last step before stories and updates are seen by millions of people who visit CNN's digital platforms daily.
- This job involves creative packaging of stories -- headlines, images/video, related material - on homepages.
- It will increasingly involve alerting, as our push alerts move toward a more personalized experience.
- Programming Editors are not just excellent shapers and publishers of stories, they are also analytics addicts.
- They use real time, hourly and daily data to place and program stories with accuracy, timeliness and creativity.
- They help people and teams across all of Digital meet and exceed key goals. They are super users of the CMS and a variety of other publishing tools.
- Editors may work on specific projects with the design, development and product teams to implement new features or tools to the digital teams at large that help with workflow or help provide better audience insights.
- They are competitive news animals, constantly scouring the competition to see who has what stories where in terms of story play and alerting techniques.
- They use those insights to share ideas about best/worst practices, and to ask questions and propose steps to help sharpen programming and alerting across CNN's ever expanding digital portfolio.
Programming Editors are keenly aware that the landscape is growing exponentially and they watch it closely. This is a highly collaborative role where:
Programming Editors will work tightly with the mobile programming team and are accountable for the language and alerting coordination across all platforms.
- Editors may find themselves on mobile only or mobile first shifts as our technology and audiences continue to shift there.
- Editors will often be seen huddling with the digital news desk team, suggesting priority story ideas or angles that we need in prominent places across the digital portfolio.
- They are excellent partners to key vertical teams, social and video teams, to global newsgathering and programming teams.
They may work on specific projects with the design, dev and product teams to implement new features or tools to the digital teams at large that help with workflow or help provide better audience insights. What will you be doing?
Accountable for all aspects of digital news programming and alerting
- Maintain accuracy, integrity and creative voice that delights audiences daily
- Creates content packages for mobile and desktop homepages
- Collaborates with key staff across all of CNN WW.
Creates and executes publishing plans for key projects. What do we need from you?
Eight years of relevant experience preferred.
- Preferred location is CNN's Atlanta headquarters; other locations such as New York will be considered.
- College degree or equivalent.
But wait, there's more!
· Paid time off every year to volunteer
· 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
· An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status .