Turner Broadcasting Director of Operations and Program Management in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Director of Operations and Program Management
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Operations/General
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Join the new Catch Sports team at Turner Sports. We are looking to change the way sports fans access and engage with live events. Our app recently launched, is currently live on several platforms and we’re planning to expand its capabilities and features, while bringing live sporting events directly into the product. We are seeking candidates that are extremely passionate about sports and technology and eager to build and launch new products and services for fans in an entrepreneurial environment.Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter andFacebook
What part will you play?
The Director, Operations & Program Management is responsible for overall program management and operations for Catch Sports. This person synthesizes the overall vision and timeline for the rollout of products for the business, as well overseeing the operations across all platforms. Above all, this person needs to be an excellent communicator and visionary when it comes to project management and best in class operations.
What will you be doing?
This is a highly collaborative role that will:
- Guide the workload and manage milestones of the product development team.
- Direct allocated resources in their various contributions and deliverables across work streams as part of an overall project plan including technical and engineering, analytics, UI, ad operations, and product marketing
- Day-to-day oversight can range from one resource to multi-workstream teams of a dozen+ internal and external resources.
- Collaborate with business analysts to produce documents and communications ranging from product requirements to project plans.
- Manage Customer Service relationship and team.
- Collaborate with the Product Management and Product Development teams for development and operational stability of their initiatives.
- The Director, Operations will report to VP/GM of the business.
What do we require from you?
- 7+ years project management experience of large web-based and mobile development projects; experience with Agile methodology a must.
- 3+ years of staff management in the areas of project management and/or technical operations
- Coordination and leadership of project management, technical, creative, production and business function resources
- Experience working on tight deadlines in a live, "always on" operations environment
- Working knowledge of live video streaming production and technology
- Forecasting and budgeting project expenses, risks and opportunities
- Proven communication (written and oral) skills
- Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.