Turner Broadcasting Digital Project Manager, TCM Digital in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Digital Project Manager, TCM Digital
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Project/Program Management
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram , Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
Turner is seeking a Project Manager to lead digital projects supporting the business, specifically for Turner Classic Movies initiatives. The Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple projects, successfully balancing scope, quality, time and resources to deliver against the strategic plan and objectives of the business. The PM will work closely with the internal development team, key business stakeholders, internal technology partners and various vendors. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment focused on providing innovative technical solutions that drives brand activations and revenue. Moreover, this is a leadership position requiring excellent communication and technical skills, coupled with the ability to lead mission critical projects across a large enterprise.
What will you be doing?
- Lead projects that entail working with cross-functional teams consisting of Programming, Marketing, Editorial, PR, On-Air, Enterprise, Technology, Data and Analytics, and 3rd party vendors from planning through launch.
- Projects will include producing microsites for annual programming franchises such as 31 Days of Oscar, Summer Under the Stars, and The Essentials just to name a few. Other projects include producing websites and mobile applications for brand extensions such as the TCM Classic Film Festival.
- The Project Manager will also be responsible for overseeing day to day publishing and content management processes and for TCM.com, FilmStruck, and Watch TCM.
- Assume ownership stake in all key processes including work in-take, planning, execution, launch and retrospectives.
- Drive continuous review and optimization of these processes to ensure alignment with the business and operational goals.
- Build/maintain relationships and liaison with project sponsors, internal and external customers, team members, support teams and 3rd party vendors.
- Partner with product stakeholders in the development, prioritization and communication of the Product Roadmap.
- Translate product objectives into integrated plans, schedules and budgets for the entire project lifecycle.
- Manage expectations, negotiation and communication with project stakeholders in support of delivery against the project roadmap.
- Preparation and ongoing management of project tools and documentation, including time/financial tracking, project plans, sprints/rapid boards, status reports and launch plans.
- Ensure all project requirements, design mocks and related project assets are properly documented and communicated to project teams.
- Facilitate project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation.
- Clearly and effectively communicate progress, issues/risks and opportunities at both the project and program level; Escalate issues in a timely, effective manner.
- Perform estimation, forecasting and time tracking/reporting for projects and project resources.
- Perform analysis against both business and technical constraints and provide value-based recommendations; Identify and negotiate / mitigate potential conflicts.
- Collaborate with project management peers across the Turner organization in the sharing and adoption of PM standards and best practices.
What do we require from you?
- BS/BA in related discipline and at least 3-5 years of experience working as a project manager in Digital Media, Technology, or Software Development project management (required); mobile experience (preferred), Adserving (optional).
- Proven experience implementing standard project management and SDLC methodologies and best practices; PMP certification (optional).
- Hands on experience with JIRA, Confluence, Product Mgmt. SW or similar PM tools.
- Deep understanding of current digital/internet and mobile technologies and trends.
- Strong leadership skills with experience leading cross-functional and virtual teams.
- Ability to handle multiple fast-moving projects with changing priorities, drivers and dependencies.
- Ability to accomplish goals by managing and influencing individuals across multiple organizations to meet deadlines on time and on budget.
- Project financial management with a strong focus on estimation, budgeting and reporting.
- Excellent group facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Equal ability to work effectively independently or as part of an integrated team.
- Excellent business and interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proven track record of delivering technical projects on time and budget using cross functional teams.
- Goal-oriented self-starter with strong time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge and/or some experience working with Content Management Systems (2-3 years)
- Film knowledge and/or love of film is a plus.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.