Turner Broadcasting Database Administrator in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Database Administrator
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Technology/Information Technology
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
The Database Administrator is responsible for installing, patching, upgrading, and maintaining database software. The DBA will perform database and software upgrades and installation and setup for new projects. This usually means working closely with the customer software experts and developers. This position is responsible for troubleshooting when things go wrong with the database or the server, as they are responsible for quickly ascertaining the problem, and correcting it without losing data or making the situation worse.
Internal code: bestmeta
What do we require from you?
- Minimum of B.S. in Computer Science or related experience
- 3-5 years experience in database administration or relevant experience and education combined
- Knowledge of one database platform (Oracle, IBM DB2 LUW, SQL Server, Mysql, Postgres, Mongo) and some knowledge of a few others
- Understanding of good backup policies and procedures, DR and HA concepts
- Must provide on-call support and troubleshooting
- Must have knowledge of Powershell, Ruby, PLSQL, Perl or shell scripting, and be ready to demonstrate this ability
- Must have knowledge of standard DB monitoring tools
- Must be able to communicate effectively with development and other support teams
- Must be able to support environments ranging from Development to Production in an on-air news environment
- Understand the data in the database, and how it ties to other systems and their databases
- Willingness to learn and work on multiple database platforms a must
- Knowledge of MySQL and/or NoSql based DBs a plus
- Knowledge or experience with RDS and cloud hosted databases a plus
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.