Turner Broadcasting Data Architect - Turner Data Cloud in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Data Architect - Turner Data Cloud
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Business Intelligence
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
TBS, Inc. is an American Media conglomerate and division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! For more information, please visit : http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
Turner is seeking a Data Architect for the Turner Data Cloud (TDC) team. The Turner Data Cloud team provides solutions that enable Turner internal teams such as Ad Sales, Research, Marketing, and Product Development to leverage behavioral and demographic data to provide more relevant content, advertisements and marketing to Turner's consumers.
The Data Architect will be responsible for designing and implementing data storage, pipeline, and API solutions for the TDC’s audience activation tools. These tools are internal business applications that enable discovery, understanding, and activation of Turner’s digital and TV audiences.
What will you be doing?
- Hands-on implementation of Turner Data Cloud applications, primarily using Hadoop, Python, Elasticsearch, and the AWS stack.
- Partner with the broader Media Software & Services team to integrate new TDC applications into existing business applications
- Provide architecture and strategic guidance for Turner Data Cloud applications
- Help bridge the gap between the existing skill sets of data scientists and Cloud environments for the production grade delivery of analytics solutions
- Grow data platform capabilities to solve new data problems and challenges leveraging approved Cloud platforms
- Perform technology and product research to better the analytic development and production technology stack
- Help the team optimize Cloud platform architectures; calculate, monitor and optimize spend
- Provide data security oversight and recommendations utilizing tools like Alert Logic.
What do we require from you?
- 4+ years of data engineering, data science or software engineering experience.
- Strong understanding of algorithms, big data framework, and data structures
- Hadoop expertise: HDFS, HBase, MapReduce, Pig & Hive, including related platforms such as Qubole, Databricks, etc.
- Experience with streaming platforms: Spark, Storm, Kafka, etc.
- Deep knowledge of AWS data stack: Redshift, Kinesis, EMR, Storage, Compute, RDS, Hadoop distributions, Elasticsearch, Streaming data, RDS, Pricing models for Compute such as Reserved, Spot etc.
- Experience with statistical analysis software such as SparkR, R, SAS, Python, SQL, Julia, Scala, Looker, Tableau, Analytical Notebooks, or similar.
- Experience with traditional MPP DW stacks: SQL Data Warehouse, Netezza, Terradata, etc.
- Capable of collaborating and working closely with cross-functional business, engineering and research partners to identify gaps and structure problems.
- Experience with handling large datasets and map-reduce architectures like Hadoop, and open source data mining tools.
- Superb analytical and quantitative skills, along with a healthy streak of creativity.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research utilizing large data sets.
- Passion for seeing research through from initial conception to eventual application.
- Empirical, detail-oriented mindset.
- Sense of ownership of his/her work, working well both independently and within a small collaborative team.
- MS/MIS in Computer Science or equivalent education/training/experience.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017LinkedIn Top Company
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers.
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS.
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitterand Facebook.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.