Turner Broadcasting Corporate Legal Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Corporate Legal Manager
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Legal/Business Affairs
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
·Under limited supervision, this position provides professional legal support services to certain of Turner's live action entertainment networks, including truTV and Turner Classic Movies
What will you be doing?
- Responsibilities include: drafting, negotiating and management of a variety of agreements and legal documents related to the development and production of original scripted and unscripted programming
- To include production agreements, writer, director, performer and producer agreements, assignment agreements, certificates, releases, location agreements, indemnity agreements, clip licenses, vendor agreements and termination and turnaround agreements
- Reviewing, analyzing, tracking and communicating contractual rights, restrictions and obligations
- Educating clients and providing advice related to development and production related issues
- Communicating effectively with colleagues, clients and third party representatives
- Other responsibilities as the position and needs may evolve over time
What do we require from you?
- Position requires a college degree with a minimum of three years of relevant paralegal or similar professional experience, preferably transactional experience in the area of intellectual property or corporate law
- Experience drafting, negotiating and analyzing production and rights related agreements preferred; familiarity with guild agreements desired
- Must have exceptional interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage attorney and client demands appropriately while working in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are a priority and handling multiple projects simultaneously is the norm
- Strong initiative, flexibility and ability to work autonomously, while also being a strong and supportive member of the team, are essential
- Experience at a reputable law firm, studio or network preferred
But wait, there’s more!
·Paid time off every year to volunteer
·2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
·An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
·Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.