Turner Broadcasting Coordinator,BOC in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Coordinator,BOC
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Operations/General
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What will you be doing?
- Demonstrate proficiency with all Content Originations equipment, workflows and procedures
- Monitor audio and video QC for technical specifications
- Monitor all on-air material and communicate any discrepancies to Supervisor or Shift Leader
- Monitor secondary events and ensure all air correctly
- Understand and follow SOP's for disaster recovery
- Consistently Monitor Air ensuring QC for Languages, Cue Tones, Content/Levels, KidVid, Subtitling/Close Captioning, V-Chip, DVS
- Monitor equipment performance/ Device Failures
- Verify all timing issues for all media play out to air
- Ensure accurate logging times where applicable
- Other tasks as needed
- Communicate effectively with Supervisor and oncoming switcher relief to ensure a smooth transition between shifts
- Fill out appropriate completed checklists
- Preview material as needed
Assist with special projects as necessary What do we require from you?
Minimum 2 yrs. experience in a Broadcast Operations environment.
- Windows and other business related software.
- Familiar with broadcast technology and equipment.
- Automation experience desired.
- Minimum 2 yrs. experience in a related field
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent (minimum)
- Accredited Broadcast-Technical School Degree (minimum)
- Some College Experience (preferred)
Emphasis of study in Communications, Broadcasting or Technology - College degree or equivalent (desirable) But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status