Turner Broadcasting Commercial Clearance Standards Editor in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Commercial Clearance Standards Editor
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Legal/Business Affairs
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
/ Our Story
TBS, Inc. is an American Media conglomerate and division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! For more information, please visit: http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
- The Commercial Clearance Standards Editor is critical to the process of reviewing advertising content scheduled to air on the Turner News networks
What will you be doing?
- Responsibilities include review of high-risk advertising materials in accordance with the Commercial Clearance Guidelines, issuing clearance decisions under tight deadlines, and alerting the Commercial Clearance Manager of problematic content to determine if restrictions, edits, or a rejection may be necessary
- Primary oversight of advertisements for CNN/HLN/APN to ensure compliance with the Turner Commercial Clearance Guidelines
- This includes thoroughly analyzing and identifying problematic creative, requesting substantiation for claims, and communicating restrictive placement or rejection recommendations based on complete analysis to Commercial Clearance Manager
- Enter final clearance decisions into Commercial Clearance database and store electronic versions of problematic creative, substantiation, and related materials to Commercial Clearance media folder on the shared drive
- Assisting with primary research and evaluation of political and issue advocacy substantiation
- Research and retrieve information as needed and communicate regularly with agencies, Sales, and Traffic to ensure that advertiser orders are booked correctly, and that commercials scheduled for air are placed in accordance with final clearance decisions
What do we require from you?
- 4 year college degree
- Comfortable working with Windows/MAC OS
- Flexible with the ability to make sound and unbiased decisions in high-pressure, fast-paced work environment
- High attention to detail with the ability to consistently prioritize duties and handle daily tasks with minimal supervision
- Team player with excellent communication (both verbal and written), customer service, and problem solving/analytical skills Strong interest in current events and politics
- Minimum two years of experience in the television industry and/or entertainment advertising sales
Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status