Turner Broadcasting Archivist, CNN Library in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Archivist, CNN Library
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
The archivist is responsible for metadata and cataloging of video archived in the library's permanent collection. This essential information enables accurate retrieval of video for CNN production, affiliates and other business uses such as licensing content to outside companies.
What will you be doing?
Archivists receive, inventory, archive, catalog and weed CNN video content on tape and digital media. The archivist contributes to the Library's tape digitization process by preparing tapes for digitization and weeding material not suitable for permanent archiving. Archivists support the daily archiving of content from CNN's various production systems. Provides metadata quality control and cleanup of database records originating outside the library. Mines for metadata in various newsroom systems or provided by production units involved with the creation of the content. Following asset management policies, writes descriptive narratives of visuals, abstracts of editorial context, and adds accurate and complete metadata to key database fields. Applies basic indexing terms using the Library's controlled vocabulary to enable quick and accurate retrieval of Library assets. Provides video reference service and participates occasionally on special video project teams. Involves manual shifting and moving of tapes, and other duties as necessary to support Archiving in times of breaking news or staff shortages.
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to respond to fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift and move videotapes and boxes (20lbs).
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines is key, as are expert organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently.
- Current events interest and news awareness a must.
- Previous video production or media archive experience highly desirable.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/ Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.